Memorial Hospital Research Laboratories
The Prasad Adusumilli Lab
Research led by Prasad S. Adusumilli focuses on investigation of the tumor immune microenvironment and the development of T-cell‒mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases. His team has championed regional immunotherapy delivery strategies, resulting in translation of mesothelin-targeted CAR T-cell immunotherapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma, lung, and breast cancers.
Pictured: Image from the cover of Journal of Clinical Investigation, August 2016
Gross DJ, Chintala NK, Vaghjiani RG, Grosser R, Tan KS, Li X, Choe J, Li Y, Aly RG, Emoto K, Hua Z, Dux J, Cheema W, Bott MJ, Travis WD, Isbell JM, Li BT, Jones DR, Adusumilli PS*. Tumor and Tumor-Associated Macrophage PD-L1 Expression is Associated with Adjuvant Chemotherapy Benefit in Lung Adenocarcinoma.J Thorac Oncol.. 2022;17(1):89-102.
Adusumilli PS, Zauderer M, Riviere I, Jones DR, Sadelain M. A phase I trial of regional mesothelin-targeted CAR T-cell therapy in patients with malignant pleural disease, in combination with the anti-PD1 agent pembrolizumab. Cancer Discovery. 2021
Cherkassky L, Morello A, Villena-Vargas J, Feng Y, Dimitrov DS, Jones DR, Sadelain M, Adusumilli PS. Human CAR T cells with cell-intrinsic PD-1 checkpoint blockade resist tumor-mediated inhibition. J Clin Invest. 2016;126(8):3130-44.
Prasad S. Adusumilli, MD
Deputy Chief and Attending, Thoracic Service; Vice Chair for Translational Research, Department of Surgery; Co-Director, Mesothelioma Program; Head, Solid Tumors Cell Therapy, Cellular Therapeutics Center
- Physician-scientist Prasad S. Adusumilli studies tumor immunology and the development of T-cell‒mediated immunotherapy for thoracic malignancies and pleural-based diseases.
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- MS, Biomedical Engineering, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY
- BS, Biology, St. John’s University, New York City, NY
- MD, Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica/New York, NY
- PhD, Microbiology and Biochemical Pharmacy, Shandong University, Jinan, P.R. China
- PhD, Biotechnology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
- MS, Applied Biology, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Kyoto, Japan
- PhD, Pathology and Pathophysiology, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
- MS, Immunology, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou, China
- MD, North China Coal Medical College, Tangshan, China
- BS, Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- Biotechnology and Biotherapy, Paris Diderot University, Paris, France
- MS, Cardiovascular Physiology, Paris Descartes University, Paris, France
- MS, Biology Engineering, The University of Science and Technology, Algiers, Algeria
- PhD, Graduate Institute of Pathology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- MD, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
- PharmD, Pharmaceutic Innovation and Research, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- PhD, Biology and Health, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- MS, Development and Control of Health Products, University of Nantes, Nantes, France
- PhD, Molecular Biology, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Santiago de Compostela, Santiago, Spain
- BS, York College, New York, NY
To learn more about available postdoctoral opportunities, please visit our Career Center