Complementary Therapies for Managing Cancer Symptoms
At Memorial Sloan Kettering, we believe in caring for the whole person — not just the disease or symptom. Integrative medicine weaves natural treatments such as acupuncture, massage, and yoga into your overall care plan. All of our holistic health services and programs are based on the latest scientific evidence.
How We Can Help You
From boosting your overall sense of well-being to managing your pain, we offer specialized advice and programs that can help you:
- better handle side effects from chemotherapy and radiation
- minimize anxiety, depression, and stress
- understand your herb, vitamin, and other dietary supplement options
- prevent and treat lymphedema
- control fatigue, neuropathy, dry mouth, hot flashes, and other symptoms
- improve muscle strength, balance, and endurance
- reduce pain and muscle tension
- tap into and experience the power of controlling your breath
Integrative Medicine care plans highlight the therapies and services that will help you heal. When you schedule a physician consultation, our skilled doctors will come up with a customized treatment approach and put together a team to help you achieve your specific goals. To make your appointment, please call 646-608-8550.